India Education Market Outlook to 2016 – Fast Growing E-learning Segment Set for Consolidation
The report titled “India Education Market Outlook to 2016 – Fast Growing E-learning Segment Set for Consolidation” provides a comprehensive analysis on the education market in India covering various aspects such as market size of the education industry on the basis of total fee spent on education and market segmentation by age group, gender and by type of education. The report also entails competitive landscape and profiles of the major players operating in the industry. The future projections are included to provide an insight on the prospects in the Indian education industry.
The education market in India is one of the largest education systems globally which has registered a decent growth rate over the period. This growth rate can be attributed to growth in average annual fee, increase in students enrolled in private schools and willingness of parents to spent on education. In terms of revenue, the Indian education industry has recorded consistent growth at a 3 year CAGR of ~ over the period. The revenue of Indian education market grew from USD ~ billion in FY’2008 to USD ~ billion in FY’2011.
The formal education market contributes majorly in total private education revenues and in FY’2011 it accounted for ~ % of the total education market in India. The Non-formal education market has reached USD ~ million in FY’2011, at a CAGR of ~ % from USD ~ million in FY’2008.
Globally, India has one of the lowest enrollment and highest dropout ratios which results into one of the lowest net enrollment levels in the world. K12, the largest segment reached to USD ~ million in FY’2011. The revenue generated by Indian higher education market has reached USD ~ million in FY’2011.
In 2011, pre-schools market has posted sales of USD ~ million, registering a CAGR of ~ %. Pre-school market is growing at a rapid rate where KidZee is the dominant player and accounts for around ~ % pre- school market followed by Euro Kids and Apple Kids with ~ % and ~ % market share in 2011.
The Indian e-learning market was recorded to be around USD ~ million in 2011. E-learning is prevalent in mega cities in India. It is estimated that as the low cost PCs and broadband will penetrate the small cities and rural areas, it will have a favorable impact on e-learning market.
The segment has seen entry of several players to share the pie of online content development and tutoring. The segment is all set for consolidation with larger entities acquiring the small players in this arena in the next 5 years.
ICT market has showcased a phenomenal growth in recent past. ICT market grew at a CAGR of ~ % from USD ~ million in FY’2008 to USD ~ million in FY’2011. Further, in coming years, ICT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~ % reaching USD ~ by FY’2017. ICT market is growing at a rapid rate where Educomp is the dominant player and accounts for ~ % market share followed by NIIT Ltd and Everonn with ~ % and ~ % market share in 2011 respectively.
Skill development includes multimedia, books, child skill enhancement, IT training and teacher training. Skill development market has grown at a CAGR of 17.3% from ~ million in FY’2008 to USD ~ million in FY’2011.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of Indian education industry by total fee spent on education
- Market segmentation on the basis of Age group, Gender and by type of Education.
- Market size, market segmentation competitive landscape and future outlook of the Indian education industry
- Government regulations pertaining to this industry.
- Trends and developments pertaining to this industry.
- Competitive Landscape and Profile of the major players including Educomp, Everonn and NIIT
- Cause and Effect Relationship Analysis between industry factors and expected Indian education industry prospects
- Future outlook and projections of the total fee spent on education of Indian education industry and its segments in the India till FY’2017.
- Macroeconomic and industry factors affecting this industry
- Education Industry Deal Directory
- Education in South Korea: ISIC 80
- Education in Indonesia: ISIC 80
- Brazil Education Services Market Forecast to 2015
- Education in Turkey: ISIC 80
- Education in Mexico: ISIC 80
- Education in Saudi Arabia: ISIC 80