Marketdata Enterprises (the leading analyst of the weight loss market since 1989) operates a website: BestDietForMe.com. This site is now one of the leading weight loss information and analysis portals on the Internet. BestDietForMe essentially is a real-time data collection vehicle to monitor national online dieter behavior, daily. A total of 1,132 people were included in the 2nd quarter 2012 sample–people that filled out an in-depth 40-question online survey. Comparative data for the 2nd quarter of 2011 and 1st quarter of 2012 are included in this report.
Each quarter, Marketdata compiles and analyzes the responses of this sample, producing a wealth of statistics that are compared to previous quarters. The service was begun with the 1st quarter 2005. Companies seeking to measure shifting online dieter preferences for types of weight loss programs, food/exercise/budget/support & motivation and other preferences, will find these reports extremely helpful in tracking fickle dieter behavior. The service is applicable to: providers of weight loss programs/products, health clubs, ad agencies & PR firms with weight loss clients, diet website operators, low-cal food & beverage/diet food mfrs., hospitals & surgeons with weight loss programs—any company trying to reach dieters online.
Statistical tables are supplemented by in-depth analyses and commentary, based on Marketdata’s ongoing research and 23- year knowledge of the weight loss market.
Each quarterly report tracks 112 measures, including the following:
• age (5 categories)
• BMI (body mass index (separately for 5 categories, 18.5-40+)
• Percent opting in for special offers from diet companies
• Percent leaving first name
• Pregnant or nursing percentage
• Medical conditions, percent indicating at least one
• Their diet budget (separately for 6 categories: under $250 to $3,000+)
• Preferred weight loss program location (separately for 8 locations: home, weight loss center,
hospital, worksite, health club, healthcare pro’s office, residential facility, celebrity program)
• Interest in weight loss (bariatric) surgery – percent
• Interest in home delivery of diet food – percent
• Preferred diet counselor format (separately for: self-directed, 1-to-1, small group, large group)
• Type food plan desired (separately for: grocery store food, pre-packaged diet co. food, meal
replacements, liquid supplements)
• Percent interested only in diet plans with pre-planned daily menus
• Percent with special food needs, allergies, food sensitivities
• Readiness to begin a diet program (immediately-6 months)
• Previous types of diet plans used (percent by 18 types)
• Exercise preferences (separately for: online coaching, personal trainer, on-site classes, etc.)
• Psychological support needs: percent identified by BestDietForMe.com analysis as needing… emotional eating support, stimulus control, social eating skills support
• Discussion and analysis of the online dieting market: nature, market size.
• First quarter 2012 performance, financials and company developments, for: eDiets, Medifast, NutriSystem, and Weight Watchers.
• 2012 diet Market Forecasts & Trends: FDA approval of Arena’s Bleviq drug, Alli finds no buyers, Qnexa, size of corporate weight loss market, in-depth analysis of diet website traffic decline—theories and reasons (effect of Google Pandora updates), comparison table of major diet website visitors in Feb. 2011 vs. 2012.
• Diet Websites Market – Study’s major findings of market size, updated estimates of 2010, 2011 mkt. value/growth, 6-year trend data of online dieter demographics, top competitors
• Complete May 2011 Status Report of the TOTAL weight loss market, by segment, 2006-2010 growth for: commercial chains, medical programs, diet food home delivery, retail meal replacements, diet entrees, OTC diet pills, diet drugs, weight loss surgery, diet websites, more.
For more information kindly visit :
Online Dieter Research – Quarterly Report
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
Our Blogs: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bharat-Book-Bureau/133809389971352