Smarter metering that delivers a greater awareness and opportunity for decision-making over energy and utility usage is being implemented now, globally. But who is going to pay? Government direction and investment? Large-scale utility roll out? The consumer? Is your company benefiting from this roll-out of smart meters? Visiongain has determined that the value of the global smart meter market will reach $7bn in 2012.
Visiongain calculates that as of December 2010, meters enhanced with AMR technology accounted for approximately 32% of the gas, electricity and water meters in North America and approximately 3% of the meters in Europe. While those enhanced with AMI technology accounted for only 15% of the gas, electricity and water meters in North America and 13% of meters in European countries, with only minimal penetration rates elsewhere. With progressive countries in the energy metering market such as Italy and Sweden having over 90% (2011) smart meter implementation it is clear how much scope there is for growth within the smart metering market -with Germany and the UK having fewer than 5% penetration (2011).
The report also describes the most important technological changes within the smart metering market and assesses their importance for the growth of the market over the long-term. The various drivers and restraints of the market are evaluated in order to provide readers with specific insights into the future direction of the smart meter market.
How much is going to be spent in regional smart metering markets for implementation of smart electricity infrastructure between 2012 and 2022? Who are the leading companies in the smart metering industry? What are their best products? Where are the growth opportunities over the next decade – in which regions and with which type of technology? Which utility companies are already actioning the best practice? How is it being paid for in each country? These critical questions and many more are definitively answered in this comprehensive report.
Unique Selling Points
• Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the smart meter market from 2012-2022.
• Global smart meter market forecasts and analysis for 2012-2022.
• 47 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the smart mater market between 2012-2022.
• Forecasts and analysis for regional smart meter markets for the period 2012-2022.
• Analysis for the leading national smart meter markets for the period 2012-2022.
• Analysis of the main drivers and restraints in the global smart meters market
• SWOT analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing the smart meters market over the next ten years.
• Exclusive interviews with 4 leading companies in the smart meters market underpinning forecasts and analysis.
• Profiles of the leading smart meter companies
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a broad and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the smart meter market to underpin the analysis and market forecasts. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the smart meter market between 2012 and 2022. Visiongain considers that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
For more information kindly visit :
The Global Smart Meter Market 2012-2022
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B