Indian Radio Cab industry is a Sunrise industry characterized by huge demand, high growth rates and plenty of buzz. It is an organized industry which was started to solve the intra city commuting problem of people. Although it originated many years back, the industry really took off in 2006-07 when Meru Cabs and Easy Cabs started their operations and expanded their fleet in a big way. Over a span of five years, the industry reached the size of ~xx radio cabs mainly concentrated in Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Bangalore and Hyderabad. In terms of value, the Indian Radio Cab market is worth Rs x.x billion. The industry is dominated by four companies, Meru Cabs, Easy cabs, Mega cabs and Tab cabs who have cumulatively garnered x% market share.
Even after reaching xx cabs, the demand far outstrips the supply. The ever growing population of the major cities, increasing income levels of middle class population, the strained public transport system (local trains, buses) which are running at more than 100% capacity, the rising traffic woes in large cities (long waiting time on roads because of traffic jams, difficult driving conditions because of heavy traffic) and private companies offering reimbursement of taxi fares to their employees are all the factors that have resulted in more and more people opting for radio cab services.
Though the demand is huge, the industry is plagued by supply side constraints which are hindering its growth. Dearth of availability of quality drivers, delay in obtaining permits in certain cities like Mumbai, lack of government guidelines for running radio cabs in certain states/cities, higher maintenance expenses are some of the problems that the radio cab companies are grappling with, which is restraining them from expanding rapidly.
Key highlights and uniqueness of the report
1. This report is the first report on this industry that has in-depth focus on the challenges and potential risks.
2. The report provides the historical financial performance of all the major radio cab companies.
3. In order to aid investors, after in-depth analysis we have built the future financial estimates and growth in fleet size of all the major radio cab operators.
4. We have also rated the companies on various key parameters to judge the standings of the companies vis-a-vis peers.
5. The report also contains our key suggestions to the industry.
Reasons to purchase the report:
The radio cab industry appears to a very attractive industry with ample growth opportunities from outside. However, this industry is marred with various operational as well as competitive challenges which has prevented the industry from being profitable till date.
1. This is a comprehensive 75 pages research report which aims at highlighting the challenges and growth opportunities in detail and covers the point of view of all the stake holders.
2. This report provides information about the current size of the industry in volume and value terms and our future estimates of the same till 2017.
3. It also contains historical financials as well as future financial estimates for the benefit of the investors.
4. The report also focuses on potential risks that the industry and companies may encounter in the future.
5. If needed by the buyer we can have a one-to-one meeting or a telephonic conversation with them to provide any further clarifications and any update/information required.
6. The authors of this report have strong credentials in the field of equity research and industry research and have prepared this research product keeping the mindset of investors in view.
For more information kindly visit :
Indian Radio Cab Market 2012 – Challenges and Growth opportunities
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B